Sunday, February 8, 2009

NEWS! THAT IS GOOD! GOOD NEWS!

I know I mentioned this to you guys in passing but it seems to be actually happening so I feel like I can really talk about this now.

Nick's parents bought a car van and are fixing it up for Nick and I. They estimate it will cost about $1000 to fix everything on it (dented driver's door, dented panel above driver's side front tire, no driver's side mirror--all from the accident that put it in Nick's parents' possession) and they are giving us a year to pay them back. We definitely don't need that long to pay that small amount but it is so very nice of them to give us an extended amount of time. The interior needs to be cleaned out (cheerios, crumbs, children wreckage etc) but other than that, it should be ready for us in the next couple of weeks!

It is a 2002 Chrysler Town and Country minivan. It has heated seats (!), automatic sliding and hatch doors along with cap'n seats, a four disc CD changer and leather seats.

I have not seen it yet and I do not know what color it is so it has not a name. I only know it is awesome and we are so very blessed. I am so thankful. If we really end up moving like we want to, this will be perfect for our big move out of state.

And it makes me want to have/steal a baby to make it useful. Also, road trips: this time it's for real.

2 comments: