Thursday, February 19, 2009

Killer Balloon

I received two birthday balloons. One I received on my birthday. This balloon is still alive somehow. It still touches the ceiling and everything.

Today, this balloon stalked Katti. I was sitting in my room watching TV after work and it floated across the room to Nick's desk by the door. It appeared to be plotting something with my other balloon. I returned to watching Jon & Kate Plus 8 reruns and at some point it escaped my bedroom. I didn't notice it leave but Katti came to talk to me and the balloon was waiting for her right outside her door. To get to this point, it needed to float down from the ceiling and through my doorway. It proceeded to follow Katti down the hallway and then made a break for the kitchen. In order to get to the kitchen, it had to float down from the ceiling to get around a part where the ceiling lowered a little to make room for the ducts/vents. AND IT DID IT. It then turned a corner to stop in the middle of the kitchen.

This is where it stayed and waited for us after we got back from the grocery store. I cleaned the cat's litter box and threw it back in our bedroom, hoping that it would stay there and stay away from me.

I started to get ready for bed and I went to kick it out of our room when I noticed it wasn't in the room. I searched the apartment and couldn't find it. I finally called Oliver out to see if I had just gone blind and couldn't see it but he couldn't find it either. I decided that if I was looking for it, I might as well look everywhere and opened the door to the third bedroom (the door that stays shut to conserve heat) and the balloon was hovering on the other side of the room, past some boxes.

I am keeping it in there. This other balloon better watch it or it might get kicked out too.

No comments: