Monday, January 26, 2009

Woman things

If Baby!Bro or Nick are reading, they may want to stop now. In fact, the ladies might want to look away too.

I have started using tampons. And I can't believe I ever said a word against them. I feel like I'm not even bleeding out my baby hole. And I bleed for two days less than I used to. I'm still trying to find out how often I need to change it because it seems like day one is fine but days two and three are crazy.

I blasted through my first box (of 40) in two periods. I ran out at my parents' house and despite (or because of?) not bleeding for the past eight years, my mom had extra tampons lying around. She said they were on sale so she threw a box at me. They're deodorizing (which means they smell) and have a different applicator and...tampon part than the other ones. I don't like them. It's weird having brand loyalty when I've only been using tampons for two months.

I don't remember why I'm writing.

I feel like I'm producing a lot more waste with tampons than with pads. There's the wrapping, the applicator (plastic) and the actual cotton wad compared to the pad and two little wrappers. And the blood. Gross.

So I'm thinking that I might start using the Diva Cup. Because I feel like this waste is ridiculous. And how hard will it be to have that up there after a tampon anyway?

2 comments:

SleepyGirl said...

I'm creeped out by the Diva Cup -- if you're worried about waste you can always get tampons that don't have applicators?

sacred roadkill said...

oh please, please don't use the diva cup. i've never known anyone that uses one, but the thought of it terrifies me. "that doesn't belong inside people!" i yell. and im fairly certain that i'm right.

and also, you should know that i'm like a small child. if i hear that i should stop reading, im reading that shit. that's how i roll.