Monday, March 16, 2009

More wedding talk while I'm still not engaged because I know you kids love it

I have been rethinking wearing my mom's dress for imaginary future wedding. I looked at the pictures of my mom and grandmother wearing it for the bajillionth time. It's a nice looking dress but I am beginning to feel a little apprehensive. It is really dated and it appears to be shiny... Maybe it is just not a good photo dress?

I don't really like any other dresses either. Well that isn't true. I fell in love with one when Jess was getting married. I wish I could just buy a bunch and wear them all the time. I love dresses. Maybe I will just wear a dress I really like.

Whenever this boy proposes to me, I am definitely going to try it on and we'll see from there. It might just need updating.


My mom said that if I don't find a job right away, Nick and I should get married so I can be on his health insurance. That is the first time she has shown open approval of our relationship. The first time in almost five years.

I'll take what I can get.


I received my graduation packet in the mail. I am so ready to be done.

I am nervous about getting a real job though. I mean Ashley is still there and she's been done for almost a year.

I'm still pretty chill. What will happen, will happen whether I freak out or not. I can either be worried about what might happen or I can just let it happen. I'd rather not be worried about it.


My brother's birthday is this weekend. He is going to be 16. Oh. Man. I met Nick when we were 16.

2 comments:

SleepyGirl said...

Maybe you could use part of the wedding dress? I don't know if your family would be up for you cutting it apart, but it's better in my opinion to integrate *some* of a dated-but-meaningful wedding dress into a new dress, than to wear one you hate just because you feel like tradition demands it.

Moi said...

Could you maybe wear your mom's veil (if she had one?) I like Monica's suggestion. Or maybe you could wear your mom's dress for the ceremony and change into a cute, short dress for the reception? like with a birdcage veil? Ohhhhh sooooooo cute!