Monday, December 8, 2008

The Way We Were and Holiday Inn

I finally got to watch the end of The Way We Were. I watched part of it before we went to France but Nick and I had to leave for some reason so I never saw the end of it. Well. It suffered from Roman Holiday syndrome in that spoiler alert the main characters don't get together and I end up being upset with my ovaries in overdrive.

Then today I watched (my favorite holiday movie) Holiday Inn. Every single time I watch that movie I forget how racist it is. Blackface? Check. Minstrel show? Check. African American cook with terrible racist lines and a racist role? Check. Besides Lincoln's birthday, it's great! And it's good to see where the song White Christmas came from too. And Bing Crosby? Sigh...that man and Irving Berlin will always have my heart.

And that was my weekend.

Oh and remember how our car only had two doors that would open from the outside? Well after work on Friday those two doors were frozen shut. I tried for half an hour to get into the car before my boss' boss came by and I asked him for help. He got me into the car but he broke one of the handles. So now we have one door that opens from the outside. He felt awful about it. I told him it was just a door handle. He's probably going to offer to pay for it tomorrow but he was just trying to help. There's no way I can take his money.

And our cats still have fleas.

No comments: