Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A few things


First, I bought this book over the weekend. The first 80 pages are full of primers on all the tools and techniques you use for the projects. Needless to say, I was a bit overwhelmed.

I decided to ignore everything except what I needed for the first project and I feel a lot better about the book now. At the beginning, I said I was going to make everything in the book but I really didn't think I'd actually make anything.

So I got to it and I decided to make the first project in the book, figuring it would be the easiest.

It's an LED bracelet. I bought what I could for it today, including online purchases. It was funny being in Home Depot because no one who wanted to help us had any idea what or where the stuff I needed was. It's was like an adventure. Only it was really annoying.

Secondly, will.i.am is going to be at AQ this Sunday at 11. Who is pumped? I am pumped.

Thirdly, I would like to go see Cloud Cult sometime this fall. Rumor has it, this is their last tour and their last album before an indefinite hiatus. Luckily (for me), almost all the upcoming tour dates are near your new homes. They will be in DC on November 10, Boston on November 13, Bethlehem, PA on November 14 and Menominee, WI on November 17. I threw the WI one in there because Nick's aunt and uncle live in WI somewhere. I don't know which one I'm going to choose yet but I'm going to talk it over with Nick and look at trains so let me know if any dates work out for you two.

I also am planning a Lansing/Ann Arbor trip sometime soon, so steel yourself, Toi. If this trip actually goes through, I'll be traveling with Katti, Oliver and maybe a few of our friends. Katti and Oliver have a friend who lives in Lansing so we could all crash with him.

3 comments:

Moi said...

I cannot wait to see your bracelet!

That day works out fine for me but just to let you know Bethlehem, PA is about 5 hours away from me. Its closer to Philly. So it might be hard to get together but it would be awesome to see you.

Toi said...

I am steeled! I am ready! I know approx. 3 square miles of Lansing! It all equals to a good time!

Although if you wear that LED bracelet, you might just be TOO cool to hang out with me. It looks awesome!

Pomme said...

OMG, you must come to the DC show!!! It would be totally fun!

There is tons of metro that still needs to be discovered and don't even get me started on the buses! There are HUNDREDS of them! Imagine the aimless riding we could do!!!!!!!