Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I have an interview next week for a bilingual customer service job.

The other language being French.

The other language being a language I hate speaking.

What am I doing?

Nick said it can just be an in between. A job I have for a while before I hear back from the government jobs I've applied to.

But what if I don't get those either? What if I'm stuck speaking French for the next year or two. I don't know if I can do it.

We'll see. I mean, I don't even have it yet.

Ugh. I don't know. I guess it's cool but I hate French. Why am I majoring in it? I like writing it. And I love translating it. It's like a puzzle. I love figuring it out. But I can't stand speaking it.

I think I'm just ready to graduate already. I have three or four more papers to write plus tons of homework and I'm already done done done.

2 comments:

Toi said...

I give you a lot of credit for even applying for this job. I would never have done it because I am terrified to speak French when it counts.

When you wrote this - Why am I majoring in it? I like writing it. And I love translating it. It's like a puzzle. I love figuring it out. But I can't stand speaking it. - it's like YOU ARE INSIDE MY HEAD.

I want to go back to France to challenge myself. Just to see if I can get around again.

Pomme said...

I think you will be great at that job. I just keep thinking back to the day we arrived in France and my bag was missing and Pichot went to pick up the car. You took total control and helped me get back my bag. You are better at speaking than you give yourself credit for.

I am with Toi, it is like you are in my head and I desperately want to go back and see if I can get around and function in France!